We have found that our form of education works best when we seek those who share our values and have a natural teaching ability.
We seek teachers with classical Christian backgrounds who desire to be part of our community of learners. Emmaus Academy does not require state certification for teachers.
For Forms I-III, we seek the following:
- Applicants must have a strong Christian testimony
- Experience with or a passion for Classical Christian Education
- A familiarity with the work of Charlotte Mason and a desire to implement her methods in the classroom.
- A contagious love of learning
- Classroom experience
- Organizational skills and aptitude for managing a classroom
- Teaching experience highly desirable. Applicants are expected to have excellent teaching references.
In addition, for Forms IV-VI we seek the following:
- A demonstrated love of classic literature
- Subject-matter expertise
- A background from a classical Christian school is desirable